Last night I continued with flower modelling, this time trying out the rose. A have read through a few different tutorials with each giving slightly different instructions. I used the one which was best for me. I have an 80th Birthday cake coming up in March and have been considering using roses and butterflies. The customer has asked for a pink and silver theme with any type of decorations so I’ve sketched out a design and thought I’d give it a practice run.
After a couple of hours of colouring, rolling, shaping & modelling, I had produced two roses and a little rose bud which I was quite happy with. It’s a time consuming process but is extremely worth it!
I’ve also put in this post, a couple of pictures of the practice birthday cake, which I think I will change a little. I am going to make some butterflies myself rather than use uneatable ones and think I will pipe some royal icing rose buds around the bottom of the cake rather than use ribbon. I will post pictures of the finished product of this cake when it is made in March.